Six Apart did an excellent job with v6.5.x and just launched v6.5.3, a product that introduces many improvements as well as a security fix.
NEW AND IMPROVED FUNCTIONS
- Log the enabling / disabling of a plugin.
- Add some L10N phases for European languages.
- Add heights to multiple-line text custom fields.
- Log failure of sign-in.
- Add SVG to ThemeStaticFileExtensions as a default value.
- Improve performance of mt-feed.cgi
- Data API is disabled at new installation and creating a new website and blog. No change for the current settings.
- No size set for the Assets which is not supported by MT when importing from WordPress.
- Remove the template of Technorati Search.
- The initial value is set to 85 for JPEG image quality.
- Fix links to search.cpan.org.
SECURITY FIX AND IMPROVEMENT
- [XSS] Fix not to execute scripts in WYSIWYG editor.
- Fix not to set the format of multiple-line text in ContentType to "None".
- Fix to suppress warn 'redefined' in WXRImporter with XML::SAX modules other than XML::SAX::PurePerl.
- Fix not to slow Data API with a huge version value.
- Fix not to show an error at sign-out in Rainier theme.
- Fix our company name in some themes
- Fix to parse Markdown correctly.
- Fix not to react to pressing "Enter" in IE11.
- Fix to update entrymodifiedon at editing statuses in list view.
- Fix to use SSL configuration parameters when "SSLVerifyNone 1".
- Fix to use SSL configuration parameters in SMTP when "SSLVerifyNone 1" or "SMTPSSLVerifyNone 1".
- Fix not to send an empty email when EmailAddressMain is not set
- Fix to control whether Page is published or not via page endpoint of Data API.
- Fix to suppress warn 'used only once: possible typo.'
- Fix the format of blockquote in editor.
- Fix the message when XML::Parser is not installed.
- Fix not to register comments with invalid external authenticators.
- Fix error at loading non-existed modifiers.
- Fix to suppress warn at DebugMode 1
- Fix to update MTReleaseNumber correctly.
Please give it a try at:
- username: demo
- password: testthis