April the 16th is the date when Six Apart issued Movable Type v6.5.
This new product is meant to continue the Movable Type v6.3.x development because on May 16th, 2019 (in just a month time), Movable Type v6.3.x is going to reach its end of life cycle.
While Six Apart is going to still offer 1 more year of security fixes, no further development will be done to v6.3.x.
The fact that Six Apart is still considering continuing the v6.3.x development through v6.5 is great news especially for those that don't have any plan for adopting Movable Type v7.x yet.
This is what Movable Type v6.5 brings in comparing to v6.3.8:
The security fix introduced in Movable Type v6.3.9, which is related to
- Revises html escape of template edit screen
NEW AND IMPROVED FUNCTIONS
If you are using the Content Sync feature, we strongly recommend running the tools/run-periodic-tasks script periodically because Movable Type will remove the sync result file list that is unlinked from sync settings in the database during run-periodic-tasks.
- In page archives, MTCategoryArchiveLink no longer outputs values except in block tags such as MTCategories and MTSubCategories.
- SQLSetNames configuration directive is removed during upgrade process because character garbling will occur after reconnecting to the database when the value set to 0 and Movable Type is running on the PSGI environment.
- The response of the Data API now returns correct data.
- The value of a custom field is now keeps a blank value when the field type is Time and the request value is empty.
ENTRIES AND PAGES
- Unexpected <P> tag will never be inserted when input format is changed from markdown to Rich Text.
- Unexpected <object> tag will never be inserted when the body contains a <video> tag and input format is changed to Rich Text from any other input format.
- Published pages will be deleted that are located in a folder before changing the folder when the folder was changed from the bulk edit screen.
- The type modifier of a <script> tag in the body will never be changed when input format is changed to Rich Text from none.
- Displayed images in the rich text editor now can be selected.
- Removing the records in the mt_sync_file_list now works when related content sync settings was removed.
- Resolved an issue where unnecessary messages are output into the access log.
- The run-periodic-tasks script now works when running on a Windows IIS Server with the Sync.pack.
- Resolved an issue that removes all archive files when changing site path or site url.
- The link of module options was removed.
- The link of publish settings was removed.
- Resolved an issue where a template revision was created when changing a template revision.
- Revises html escape of template edit screen.
- MT::App->log now respects blog_id and author_id when they are specified in a call.
- Resolved an issue when in a persistent environment such as PSGI or FastCGI, a changed object could be cached when making a preview with an existing object.
- Resolved an issue where 0000-00-00 00:00:00 is stored as a value of unpublished date in some database versions.
- Improved input validation of password reset screen.
- Resolved an issue where data was saved even when the file is not generated if the output file name is too long.
- Resolved an issue where an error occurs on sign in and sign out when LoggerLevel is configured without LoggerPath.
- Resolved an issue where not all selected users could be set to account notification email address.
Go ahead and give it a try:
- username: demo - password: testthis