On the day when I've celebrated by 36th anniversary, Six Apart made available movable type v7.0 alpha 2.
I couldn't expect a more precious present for both my birthday and my name's day that both occur on November the 8th :-)
Alpha 2 comes with a number of features and improvements comparing to what was made available in Alpha 1.
NEW AND IMPROVED FUNCTIONS
CONTENT TYPE BROWSER
The Content Type Browser provides a search function for Content Types and Content Fields. You can copy and paste a unique ID or name for Content Types and Content Fields quickly.
NEW TEMPLATE TAGS
The name of the category set in context.
A container tag that lists all of the category sets of a content type. This tag creates a category-set context within which any category-set tags may be used.<-p>
- content_type="unique_id | name"
Specifies a specific content type by name or unique ID for which to return a category set. If not specified, will use the current content type in context.
Specifies a specific site ID for which to return a category set. If not specified, will use the current site in context.
Specifies a specific category set by name for which to return a category set.
UPDATED TEMPLATE TAGS
If a category is associated with a category set, this tag returns the number of published content data for the category in context. Otherwise, this tag returns a number of published entries for the category in context.
You can specifies a unique ID or name of content type by content_type modifier.
UPDATED A-TABLE.JS TO LATEST
Updated a-table.js to v1.4.12
NOT BUNDLED PLUGIN: STYLECATCHER
In Movable Type 7, the StyleCatcher plugin will not be bundled. Please download it from [GitHub repository] (https://github.com/movabletype/mt-plugin-StyleCatcher) if necessary.
DISCONTINUED PLUGIN: FEEDS.APP LITE
Feeds.app lite has been discontinued. It will never bundled with Movable Type 7 or later.
EnableUploadCompat configuration directive is not supported now because user interface of administration screen is not compatible with older versions.
File uploading now works when a file name is Japanese.
- Content data population now works when selecting revision from revision list.
- Preferred archive is now selectable for each mapping.
- mt:ContentPermaLink with mt:Contents now outputs correct URL when multiple content types are defined.
- Content Type Archive now outputs correct content data.
- Resolved an issue where primary category of category set field was not kept.
- Archive templates and archive map creation now work when applying a theme.
- Correct error will raised when required component is missing at application of a theme.
- The order of a list of archive types are now ordered by type.
- Resolve an issue where content type archives were not rebuilt when rebuilding all archives.
- Resolves an issue where categorysetid could not be specified for mt:Folders, mt:SubFolders and mt:TopLevelFolders.
- mt:CategoryArchiveLink now works when Category Archive is not defined but Content Type Category Archive is defined.
- mt:ArchiveLink now outputs correct URL for each archive.
- mt:ArchiveLink now works when used in a Content Type Category Archive.
- mt:ContentField now outputs correct content data for each content type field.
- mt:ArchiveCount now outputs correct count of content data when current context is Content Type Archive.
As always, you're welcome to evaluate this latest release here, from:
- username: demo
- password: testthis